Have a question? Check our FAQs.
Saturday, May 17, 2014
For More Information
This page has information about the Commencement ceremony. To learn about paperwork and fees required in order to participate in the ceremony, please visit the Apply to Graduate page of the Office of the Registrar's website.
For information about:
- Petitions to graduate – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ceremony guidelines, ADA requests, special accommodations and general information – email@example.com
- Honors Convocation – firstname.lastname@example.org
- GradFest – email@example.com
CSU Monterey Bay is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable commencement ceremony. This event provides an opportunity for family members to honor fall and spring graduates as they receive their degrees in a single ceremony.
As the university’s graduating classes have grown since CSU Monterey Bay’s founding, commencement crowds in Freeman Stadium have also grown. Obviously, the stadium’s safe capacity must not be exceeded.
A free Commencement ticketing plan is in place, with several key goals in mind:
- A maximum of five tickets* will be made available to all participating students.
- By order of the State Fire Marshal and for safety purposes, all attendees age 1 or older are required to have a ticket to attend Commencement.
- We anticipate event seating capacity will be reached on the day of Commencement. Alternative viewing areas will be available at the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library. This venue offers viewing indoors and on the big screen. The ceremony will also be broadcast on the campus cable channel.
- The process will be fair and equitable while still maintaining the safety of this event and enabling maximum attendance for family members.
How to Get Tickets
If you were unable to attend GradFest, you can pick up your tickets March 12 to April 30 at the Campus Service Center. Please bring a picture ID with you. We are unable to replace lost or stolen tickets.
Students who graduated in December and no longer live in the area can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to pick up their tickets May 15-16. Students who live in the area must pick up their tickets by April 30.
Any student who has tickets he or she does not need may share them with another participating student using the Commencement Facebook page or the Commencement Ticketing group in MyCSUMB. Students can also return unneeded tickets to the Campus Service Center.
The sale of commencement tickets is expressly prohibited. Please see Student Conduct Code.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Alternative viewing areas will be available at the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library. This venue offers viewing indoors and on the big screen. No tickets are required at offsite viewing locations. The ceremony will also be broadcast on the campus cable channel.
Friday, May 16, 2014
2 to 4 p.m.
Celebrate your graduate's big achievement with the Alumni Association and University Development! This free event will be a wonderful opportunity for parents, family, and graduates to mingle with President Ochoa and the deans and enjoy delicious appetizers!