This site has information about the Commencement Ceremony. If you'd like to learn about the paperwork and fees you need to take care of in order to participate in the ceremony, please visit the Graduation section of the Office of the Registrar's website.
Have a question? Check our FAQs.
Saturday, May 18, 2013
For information regarding petitions to graduate, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on ceremony guidelines, ADA requests, special accommodations and general information, please email email@example.com.
For Honors Convocation information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For GradFest information, please contact email@example.com.
California State University, Monterey Bay is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable commencement ceremony. This event provides an opportunity for family members to honor fall and spring commencement participants as they receive their degrees in a single ceremony.
As the university’s graduating classes have grown since CSU Monterey Bay’s founding, commencement crowds in Freeman Stadium have also grown. Obviously, the stadium’s safe capacity must not be exceeded.
A free Commencement ticketing plan is in place, with several key goals in mind:
- Every effort will be made to accommodate all who wish to attend – within the safe seating capacity of the stadium.
- A maximum of 5 tickets* will be made available to all participating students.
- By order of the State Fire Marshall and for safety purposes, all attendees 2 years or older are required to have a ticket to attend Commencement.
- We anticipate event seating capacity will be reached on the day of Commencement. Alternative viewing areas will be available at the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library. This venue offers viewing indoors and on the big screen. The ceremony will also be broadcast on the campus cable channel.
- The process will be fair and equitable while still maintaining the safety of this event and enabling maximum attendance for family members.
Where and how to get tickets
If you were unable to attend GradFest, you can pick up your tickets at the Campus Service Center March 14 - April 30. Please bring a picture ID with you.
Students who graduated in December and no longer live in the area can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to pick up their tickets May 16 or 17. Students who live in the area must pick up their tickets before April 30.
Any student who has tickets he or she does not need may share them with another participating student using the Commencement Facebook page or the Commencement Ticketing group in MyCSUMB. Students can also return unneeded tickets to the Campus Service Center.
The sale of commencement tickets is expressly prohibited.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Alternative viewing areas will be available at the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library. This venue offers viewing indoors and on the big screen. The ceremony will also be broadcast on the campus cable channel.
Friday, May 17, 4 p.m.
Alumni & Visitors Center
Celebrate your graduate's big achievement with the Alumni Association and University Advancement! This free event will be a wonderful opportunity for parents and graduates to mingle with President Ochoa and the deans, enjoy delicious appetizers, purchase alumni gear, and take part in an exciting raffle, which includes a lifetime membership to the Alumni Association.