Commencement is Saturday, May 16, 2015!
CSU Monterey Bay is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable commencement ceremony. This event provides an opportunity for family members to honor fall and spring graduates as they receive their degrees in a single ceremony.
Have a question? Check our FAQs.
As the university’s graduating classes have grown since CSU Monterey Bay’s founding, crowds in Freeman Stadium have also grown. Obviously, the stadium’s safe capacity must not be exceeded.
A free commencement ticketing plan is in place, with several key goals in mind:
• By order of the State Fire Marshal and for safety purposes, all attendees age 2 or older are required to have a ticket to attend commencement.
• The process will be fair and equitable while still maintaining the safety of this event and enabling maximum attendance for family members.
Any student who has tickets he or she does not need may share them with another participating student using the Commencement Facebook page or the Commencement Ticketing group in MyCSUMB. Students can also return unneeded tickets to the Campus Service Center. The sale of commencement tickets is expressly prohibited by the Student Conduct Code.
If you or your guests require special accommodations for disabilities, please fill out the ADA Request Form.
Alternate viewing areas will be available at the University Center. This venue offers indoor viewing on the big screen. No tickets are required at offsite viewing locations. The ceremony also will be broadcast on campus cable channel 72 and via live streaming video on the Internet.
Students and employees are still needed to volunteer/work at commencement. Please register using the sign-up form.
- Ceremony guidelines, general information, ADA requests, and special accommodations – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Honors Convocation – email@example.com
- GradFest and Alumni Association – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications for graduation – email@example.com
- Additional questions or concerns – firstname.lastname@example.org